Tintri builds storage. Those three words may not light your hair on fire … but it’s lighting up our customers’ lives. They are all excited about the agility of public cloud—AWS, Azure, etc.—and Tintri puts all that agility right inside their data centers. That’s no small feat. To deliver on that promise, we had to build an all-flash architecture that is completely distinct from legacy solutions—using a building block approach akin to public cloud. And it’s just one signal that at Tintri, employees get to work on projects that are well … unconventional, challenging and high impact.
The desire to stand apart has also helped Tintri get noticed. CDW is the biggest reseller in the business—we were just named their Partner of the Year. In both Gartner Magic Quadrants covering our space we’re recognized as a Visionary. And we’re growing: more than 1,000 organizations—including 20% of the Fortune 100—trust Tintri. Please consider trusting the next stage of your career to Tintri, too.
We are looking for a full time experienced presales system engineer with storage and virtualization. The individual will work closely with the sales team and provide them with necessary technical pre-sales support for selling Tintri product and services. The pre-sales engineer must be comfortable presenting and engaging with technical end users and have the relevant industry & product knowledge to define and guide customer opportunities.
- Conduct sales calls with sales representatives and present product technical pitches
- Perform product demonstrations and whiteboard sessions
- Conduct system installations
- Develop and conduct POC’s
- Maintain professional communications with customer and prospects
- Must have a min of 3-5 years of pre-sales experience selling storage and/or virtualization
- Must be able to communicate product features, benefits and articulate the competitive differences to prospects
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Good account management skills
- Travel to prospects and current customers
- Interface with support to resolve customer system problems
- 5+ years in the industry
- Virtualization experience with one or more of the following environments – VMware ESX/vSphere/View, Citrix XenServer/Xenapp & KVM
- Storage experience – SAN, NAS and relevant protocol experience (NFS, FC, iSCSI etc)
- Strong conceptual networking understanding
- Strong OS knowledge Microsoft Windows and UNIX
- Scripting or specific application (e.g. SQL, Oracle etc)skills are a plus
- Bachelor degree in arts or science
- VCP or other relevant certifications a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.