Cost-effective, predictable performance without storage complexity.
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) should deliver secure, cost effective remote access to desktops and applications, but is often stymied by storage performance, complexity and cost:
- Small random-write workloads, boot storms and antivirus scans can cripple legacy storage systems in environments with hundreds of VMs.
- Existing systems cannot isolate or monitor VM performance, making it difficult to identify and correct performance problems.
- Overprovisioning storage is often necessary, but drives up costs significantly.
As a result, many enterprises have either scaled back or abandoned VDI deployments.
The Tintri flash-based architecture provides consistent, predictable performance required for successful VDI deployments. With a VM-aware architecture, Tintri provides a simple to manage, cost-effective storage platform that meets the performance demands of hundreds of VMs with:
- Predictable VM performance. The Tintri file system delivers performance for each VM out of Flash, without manual configuration or VM placement.
- Lowest cost per VM. Inline deduplication and data compression makes flash highly efficient and cost-effective. Easily run up to 1,000 virtual desktops on a single appliance.
- Instant performance bottleneck visualization. Real-time VM and vDisk-level insight on IO, throughput, end-to-end latency and other key metrics enables rapid VDI performance diagnosis.
Tintri VMstore overcomes the limits of traditional storage. IT can easily support hundreds of desktop VMs on a single 3U appliance, with easy scalability to thousands of desktops with linear growth of the infrastructure.