What if you could host up to 2,000 virtual desktops on a single storage system with guaranteed performance and responsiveness?
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) should deliver secure, cost effective remote access to desktops and applications, but is often stymied by VDI storage performance, complexity and cost:
- Small random-write workloads, boot storms and antivirus scans can cripple legacy storage systems in environments with hundreds of VMs.
- Existing systems cannot isolate or monitor VM performance, making it difficult to identify and correct performance problems.
- Overprovisioning storage is often necessary, but drives up costs significantly.
As a result, many enterprises have either scaled back or abandoned VDI deployments.
The Tintri VMstore with FlashFirst™ architecture provides the consistent, predictable performance required for successful VDI deployments. With an application-aware architecture, Tintri provides a simple to manage, cost-effective VDI storage platform that meets the performance demands of hundreds of VMs with:
- Predictable VM performance. The Tintri file system delivers performance for each VM out of Flash, without manual configuration or VM placement.
- Lowest cost per VM. Inline deduplication and data compression makes flash highly efficient and cost-effective. Easily run up to 2,000 virtual desktops on a single VMstore T650.
- Instant performance bottleneck visualization. Real-time VM and vDisk-level insight on IO, throughput, end-to-end latency and other key metrics enables rapid VDI performance diagnosis.
- Certified for use with VMware Horizon View and Citrix XenDesktop.
Tintri VMstore overcomes the limits of traditional VDI storage. You can easily support hundreds of desktop VMs on a single appliance, with easy scalability to thousands of desktops as your infrastructure grows.