Tintri exists to battle the ‘storage quo’.
Over the past decade, virtualization and cloud have totally altered the data center. Storage is the exception. Conventional storage providers have retrofitted their solutions for this new world—and they’re not working.
At Tintri, we challenge convention. That translates into differentiated technology that customers (including 5 of the Fortune 15) adore—our Customer Satisfaction score is >90%. It’s why we’re growing triple digits year-over-year, and have been named one of the hottest pre-IPO start-ups. And it’s how we’ve climbed to #28 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. We attract people who revel in seeing old problems in new ways, and who take pride in their work. People like you.
We are looking for a full time experienced pre-sales system engineer with storage and virtualization background in the Federal market. The individual will work closely with the sales team and provide them with necessary technical pre-sales support for selling Tintri product and services. The pre-sales engineer must be comfortable presenting and engaging with technical end users and have the relevant industry & product knowledge to define and guide customer opportunities.
- Conduct sales calls with sales representatives and present product technical pitches
- Perform product demonstrations and whiteboard sessions
- Conduct system installations
- Develop and conduct POC’s
- Maintain professional communications with customer and prospects
- Must have a min of 3-5 years of pre-sales experience selling storage and/or virtualization
- Must be able to communicate product features, benefits and articulate the competitive differences to prospects
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Good account management skills
- Travel to prospects and current customers
- Interface with support to resolve customer system problems
- 5+ years in the industry
- Virtualization experience with one or more of the following environments – VMware ESX/vSphere/View, Citrix XenServer/Xenapp & KVM
- Storage experience – SAN, NAS and relevant protocol experience (NFS, FC, iSCSI etc)
- Strong conceptual networking understanding
- Strong OS knowledge Microsoft Windows and UNIX
- Scripting or specific application (e.g. SQL, Oracle etc)skills are a plus
- Bachelor degree in arts or science
- VCP or other relevant certifications a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.