MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – July 23, 2013 – Tintri, Inc., the leading producer of storage for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced results for Q2 2013, setting all new company records. Highlights included 110 percent growth in bookings compared to 1H 2012 year-over-year and the company more than tripling its enterprise customer base compared to the same period last year. New customers included a number of Fortune 500 companies in industries including Financial Services, Media and Entertainment, Public Sector and Technology, among others.
Other highlights for Q2 2013 include:
- Opened new global headquarters to support the company’s aggressive hiring. The company has nearly doubled in size since Q2 2012
- Closed largest single deal in company history
- European sales expansion resulted in record EMEA bookings
- Total number of VMs running on Tintri increased 364 percent from Q2 2012
- Widespread usage of Tintri per-VM level data management functionalities such as snapshot and cloning. According to a recent survey by TechValidate, a third party survey firm, 97% of surveyed IT organizations rated Tintri’s data management as differentiated or better compared to competitive storage solutions.
- Strong repeat business, with nearly one third of the company’s existing customer base either expanding current projects or investing in new projects.
- Introduced in May version 2.0 of the Tintri Operating System (OS). A central component of Tintri OS 2.0 is the Tintri ReplicateVM™ software - an industry-first for per-VM array-side data replication and builds on Tintri unique per-VM snapshot and cloning technology.
Alliance and Partnership
- Joined the Cisco Development Network as a Registered Developer within the Storage technology category. The Tintri VMstore T540 completed interoperability testing with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and is listed on the Cisco Storage Array Interoperability Matrix.
“We set many sales and growth records last quarter,” said Kieran Harty, Tintri CEO. “We are excited to see strong growth in new and repeat customers, geos, industries, size and scope of deployments, and many other categories. The fact that many of our deployments are in the range of 700-800 VMs, some even with thousands of VMs, shows customers’ confidence in our production-proven offering.
“Equally exciting is the diversity of use cases including enterprise applications, databases, and test and development in addition to VDI, which continues to be a popular use case,” he continued. “As the severe limitations of legacy storage for virtualized environments become so glaringly clear, the question for an increasing number of enterprises is not, ‘Should I replace my legacy storage with VM-aware storage,’ but, ‘How soon can I get it done?’”
Learn More Today!
- Read about how Tintri helps organizations realize a software-defined data center
- Download the Data Management with VM-Aware Storage white paper or watch the video
- Plan to visit Tintri at Booth 1705 at VMworld San Francisco 2013
The pioneer of VM-aware storage, Tintri develops storage solutions for the software-defined-data-center (SDDC). Co-founded by Dr. Kieran Harty, who led engineering at VMware for seven years, Tintri was designed from the ground up specifically to make storage for virtualization work better. Easy to run in any production environment, Tintri scales globally to meet the demands of virtualized applications with manageability and visibility at the VM level, flash performance at disk prices, and racked in systems that require a fraction of the typical data center footprint. For more information, visit www.tintri.com.
LEWIS Pulse for Tintri
+1 415 432 2445