MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., October 12, 2016 – Tintri, Inc, a leading provider of all-flash VM-aware storage (VAS), today announced the upcoming availability of Synchronous Replication for recovery of mission critical virtualized and cloud applications running on Tintri VMstore arrays. Organizations can now protect all of their mission critical applications from data center failures, and do so with more simplicity and over greater distances than is possible with storage systems from competing vendors. Tintri Synchronous Replication can be set up in minutes by an IT generalist and offers zero-minute recovery point objectives (Zero RPO) with single-click failover for individual virtual machines.
“Until now, organizations that wanted synchronous replication to protect their most critical applications had to use complex and expensive storage, limiting the benefits of zero RPO disaster recovery to those with the largest IT staffs and budgets,” said Kieran Harty, Tintri CTO and co-founder. “Today, Tintri announces Synchronous Replication for every organization and every application, with simple set up, one-click failover, plus all the operational and performance advantages of Tintri VAS for virtualized and cloud infrastructures.”
Tintri’s Synchronous Replication provides industry-leading functionality, making zero data loss attainable for every organisation and their mission critical applications through:
- Zero Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) for mission critical virtualized and cloud applications to eliminate data loss in disaster recovery scenarios
- Near-zero Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) as low as 30 seconds or less for planned and manual failovers
- Support for inter-data centre network distances up to 100 km enabled by efficiency of Tintri replication technology
- Bi-directional synchronous replication, where primary VMs and replica (secondary) VMs can be distributed on each array, enabling flexible failover of individual applications without requiring failover of the entire array
- Real-time analytics for synchronous replication at the array and VM levels, with end-to-end visualization of VM latency including the replication component
- Support for synchronous and asynchronous replication on the same array simultaneously
- Easy configuration and single-click failover to enable management of DR and data protection for critical applications by IT generalists
- Does not require purchase and configuration of additional hardware such as FCIP converters or SAS switches, or specialized array models
Synchronous Replication also provides the foundation for architecting advanced enterprise recovery workflows such as non-disruptive data center maintenance and data center migration. Workflows are easy to develop and deploy using either PowerShell or REST with Tintri’s Automation Toolkit.
Tintri Synchronous Replication will be previewed at VMworld Europe 2016 (stand P509), Oct. 17-20 in Barcelona. Tintri experts will also be showcasing the company’s VMstore and VAS platform at GITEX—Hall 6 CLD-30, Oct. 16-20 in Dubai, and Gartner IT Expo, Oct. 16-20 in Orlando.
- Review more product information for Synchronous Replication
- Watch a 2-minute demo to see how easy it is to replicate VMs with Tintri
- Learn more about VAS with The Essential Guide to VM-aware storage
Tintri® builds smart storage that sees, learns and adapts, enabling IT organizations to focus on virtualized applications and business services instead of managing storage infrastructure. Tintri VM-aware storage eliminates planning and complex troubleshooting by providing VM-level visibility, control, insight and agility. Tintri powers hundreds of thousands of virtual machines running business critical databases, enterprise apps, desktops and mobile apps, and private cloud deployments. Tintri helps global enterprises such as AMD, Chevron, F5 Networks, NEC, NTT, MillerCoors and Time Warner maximise their virtualization and cloud investments. For more information, visit www.tintri.com and follow us on Twitter: @Tintri.
Bill Robbins/ Emily Gallagher
US: + 1 (512) 970-9711
UK: +44 (0) 1252 717 040