MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – April 10, 2014 – Tintri, the leading producer of storage for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced that the company will demonstrate support for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization based on Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) at the Red Hat Summit 2014 in San Francisco. The company will provide live demonstrations in booth 805 at the Summit from April 14-17.
Tintri VMstore is designed from the ground up for virtualized environments. Global enterprises have deployed more than 100,000 VMs on Tintri storage systems. Storing more than 11 petabytes of user data, these VMs run large scale private cloud deployments, business critical databases, enterprise applications and VDI environments for desktops and mobile devices.
“Tintri brings to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization deployments the unique VM level monitoring and data management capabilities that hundreds of customers already enjoy in VMware vSphere environments,” said Ken Klein, Chairman and CEO, Tintri. “Red Hat customers can now benefit from the only hypervisor-neutral storage platform with VM-awareness and adaptive learning capabilities to support hundreds of mixed workloads– servers, VDI, dev & test – concurrently on a single Tintri VMstore. Customers can also deploy both vSphere and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization on a single VMstore at the same time. With this announcement, Tintri is further distancing itself from other storage vendors that retrofit legacy storage architectures operating at LUN and volume level with bolted-on hypervisor integrations that do not meet the demands of virtualized environments, let alone cloud computing environments.”
Tintri support for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization enables customers to:
- Set-up in less than ten minutes. Administrators manage auto-aligned virtual machines and vDisks instead of LUNs and volumes—eliminate any complex configuration or ongoing tuning.
- Seamlessly scale virtualized environments from few tens of VMs to thousands of VMs without additional storage provisioning.
- Instantly identify performance hot spots at the hypervisor, network and storage levels with comprehensive end-to-end performance and bottleneck visualization at each layer.
- Protect individual VMs with customizable policies with space and performance efficient snapshots.
- Create hundreds of high performance, zero-space VM clones for speeding up VM provisioning for VDI and development & test workloads.
- Deploy affordable per-VM data protection and disaster recovery with WAN-efficient replication reducing WAN bandwidth usage by as much as 95 percent with global deduplication and compression.
“As IT organizations embrace software-defined infrastructure with virtualization as a fundamental construct, they need storage platforms that understand and automatically adapt to dynamically changing VM and application workloads,” said Radhesh Balakrishnan, General Manager, Virtualization and OpenStack at Red Hat. “Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization is a major component of the Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure which enables enterprises to build and manage their own private cloud environments. Tintri’s support for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization which leverages the new RHEV 3.3 backup API will provide Red Hat customers an on-ramp to deploy high-level functionality required for robust yet simple cloud computing services based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.”
For more details, read the blog on visit http://www.tintri.com/alliances/red-hat
- Download the Tintri VMstore Technology Validation by the Taneja Group
- View the Tintri “Virtualize More with Less” Infographic
- Follow Tintri on Twitter
- Like Tintri on Facebook
- Read the Tintri blog
Tintri Zero Management Storage™ helps IT organizations eliminate storage complexity, and minimize costs and scale their virtualized environments. Designed from the ground up for virtualization and cloud, Tintri addresses the mismatch between storage and virtualization with the industry’s first VM-Aware Storage architecture. Tintri VMstore™ and Tintri Global Center™ together improve performance by as much as 10x, make virtualization predictable and easily scalable, and enable higher IT productivity—all while slashing costs. Production-proven in hundreds of global enterprises, Tintri helps customers such as AMD, F5 Networks and Kawasaki Motors maximize their virtualization investments. For more information, visit www.tintri.com and follow us on Twitter: @tintriinc.
+1 415 591 8459
Red Hat is a trademark of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The OpenStack mark is either a registered trademark/service mark or trademark/service mark of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries, and is used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation, or the OpenStack community.