MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 5, 2015 – Tintri, a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced the company is expanding its relationship with Cisco to make it easier for customers to deploy and support virtualized applications and cloud based services. Under the Cisco® Data Center Solution Support Service for Critical Infrastructure program, Cisco will provide Level 1 support for joint Tintri and Cisco customers with 24x7 support contracts. Customers now have an option of a single point of support for server, storage and network for fast problem isolation and resolution. The expanded relationship includes development of reference architectures, solutions, training and continued go-to-market collaboration.
“Cisco and Tintri share a common vision on application-centric infrastructure,” said Ken Klein, CEO and Chairman at Tintri. “Both Cisco UCS and Tintri storage have been designed with virtualization in mind. Joint Cisco and Tintri solutions provide a high-performance and easy to scale compute, network, and storage platform required to make virtualized applications run better and to substantially lower CAPEX and OPEX for virtualized environments and cloud deployments.”
The combined Tintri and Cisco solutions have been deployed extensively by enterprise customers and cloud service providers to support hundreds of thousands of VMs—powering mission critical applications spanning virtual desktops, enterprise applications, test & development, and cloud. All solutions leverage Tintri VM-aware storage to provide visibility of throughput, IOPS, and even latency across the infrastructure (host, network and storage) for every virtual machine. For organizations looking to scale their infrastructure, Tintri and Cisco solutions offer complete flexibility so that customers can add compute, hypervisor, storage, and network independently as needed instead of a forced package with costs that can quickly spiral out of control.
Tintri currently has the highest number of 5 star ratings on Cisco MarketPlace—more than any other next generation storage vendor. Customers unanimously praise the combined Tintri and Cisco solution for the following reasons:
- Scalability. “Cisco UCS + Tintri storage gives us scalable, high performing infrastructure supporting our VDI workload. It has been a winning combination and has allowed us to aggressively grow our VDI deployment.” Justin Bliesmer, GuideOne Insurance
- Simplicity. “The Tintri VMstore plus UCS Mini makes a great Private Cloud environment for customers. Super simple to configure Day 1 and even easier to manage Day 2. Great VM-level analytics into VM performance and very scalable Private Cloud with expanding UCS Mini chassis to 2 per domain.” Matt Tehonica, Peak 10
- Visibility. “Having used a lot of different storage on our Test/Dev systems, Tintri has been a breath of fresh air. Not only is it amazingly simple to setup and manage, it takes the complexity and anxiety out of virtual machine storage. It’s easy to see issues and fix them early. Tintri and UCS is an awesome combination.” Firoze Bhorat, Derivco
Tintri has also been recognized by CIO Review as a Top 20 Cisco solution provider. This annual list of companies is selected by a panel of experts and members of CIO Review’s editorial board to recognize and promote promising technology companies.
You can meet Tintri at Cisco Live in San Diego, between June 7th and June 11th at booth 1333.
- Read Tintri Reference Architecture for 1,000 VDI users with VMware Horizon (with View), Tintri VMstore and Cisco UCS
- Read Amatis Network Delivering Managed Hosting Service with Tintri and Cisco UCS
- Read InfoCert for Moving to Tintri and UCS for Higher Performance
- Get the Gartner 2014 Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays
- Follow Tintri on Twitter
- Follow Tintri on LinkedIn
Tintri builds smart storage that sees, learns and adapts, enabling IT organizations to focus on virtualized applications and business services instead of managing storage infrastructure. Tintri application-aware storage eliminates planning and complex troubleshooting by providing VM-level visibility, control, insight and agility, with all flash performance for virtualized environment and the cloud. Tintri powers hundreds of thousands of virtual machines running business critical databases, enterprise apps, desktops and mobile apps, and private cloud deployments. Tintri helps global enterprises such as AMD, F5 Networks, GE, NEC, NTT, MillerCoors and Time Warner maximize their virtualization and cloud investments. For more information, visit www.tintri.com and follow us on Twitter: @Tintri