MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., – October 26, 2015 — Tintri Inc., a leading producer of VM-aware storage (VAS) for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced it has once again been named a “Visionary” in Gartner Inc.’s 2015 Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays* for its ability to execute and its completeness of vision. This is Tintri’s second year in the Visionaries Quadrant after its debut in 2014. Gartner positioned the company furthest up and to the right in the Visionaries Quadrant for completeness of vision and ability to execute among next generation storage solution providers.
The Magic Quadrant for General-Purpose Disk Arrays recognizes Tintri the company for its Tintri VMstore T800 Hybrid-Flash Series storage products. It also evaluated features and benefits provided by its software and management products including SyncVM, ReplicateVM, SecureVM and Tintri Global Center, which enables management and analytics for up to 32 Tintri VMstore platforms representing up to 3.2PB of capacity and more than 100,000 VMs in a single pane of glass. Tintri also offers the VMstore T5000 All-Flash Series, which can be managed under Tintri Global Center to provide organizations the right choice of hybrid-flash or all-flash storage for their virtualized applications. Tintri VMstore is also available as part of Tintri VMstack Converged Infrastructure, the industry’s first VM-aware converged solution providing customers the choice of hybrid-flash or all-flash storage, multiple hypervisors, compute and network available through select Tintri partners.
The Tintri VMstore T800 series offers industry-leading storage features such as:
- VM-aware storage to provide all storage operations, including replication, cloning, quality of service (QoS) and more, at the VM or vDisk level
- Real-time, actionable VM-level analytics to provide instant insight, easy troubleshooting and immediate and measurable feedback on virtual machine latency, throughput and IOPS
- Performance isolation for all virtual machines with VM-level QoS to guarantee performance of individual virtual machines
- VM-level automation based on PowerShell or REST APIs
- All-flash performance with low latency for typical enterprise mixed workloads
- Deep integration with VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and OpenStack
- Simplicity of setting up a system in less than 10 minutes and quick set up and tear down of thousands of VMs
- With Tintri Global Center, the ability to manage large VM deployments across multiple datacenters across both hybrid-flash and all-flash platforms
These capabilities provide a compelling and feature-rich foundation not only for millions of enterprises interested in using VM-aware storage for virtualized applications and desktops, but also for private clouds deployed in enterprise data centers or hosted by cloud service providers.
Tintri has achieved triple digit quarterly growth year over year. Close to 50 percent of Tintri customers have revenue of more than $1B. Customers have deployed more than 500,000 virtual machines on more than 2000 Tintri VMstore arrays, representing more than 50 petabytes of user data for enterprises and cloud service providers including Chevron, ConocoPhillips, European Investment Bank, GE, NTT, MillerCoors, Rogers Communications, SK Telecom, Sony, Time Warner, United Healthcare and dozens of U.S. Federal Government agencies. Tintri’s rapid growth demonstrates that as organizations embrace virtualization, they need storage that does the same.
“Tintri is proud to be recognized once again as a Visionary in the Magic Quadrant,” said Ken Klein, chairman and CEO of Tintri. “Since our debut on the Magic Quadrant in 2014, we have delivered two new hardware platforms, the VMstore T800 Hybrid-Flash series and the VMstore T5000 All-Flash series; Tintri Global Center 2.0 and 2.1; SyncVM and Tintri OS 4.0 with expanded ecosystem support for multiple hypervisors. Tintri VM-aware storage has allowed Tintri customers to expand their virtualization and cloud operations and solve conventional storage pains around performance, cost, simplicity and agility. We are pleased to be recognized for our progress in the last year and our continued delivery of value to our customers.”
To access the report, visit: Gartner Magic Quadrant 2015
- Get the Tintri VMstoreTM T5000 All-Flash datasheet
- Get the Tintri VMstoreTM T800 Hybrid-Flash datasheet
- Follow Tintri on Twitter
- Follow Tintri on LinkedIn
* Gartner “Magic Quadrant for General Purpose Disk Arrays” by Stanley Zaffos, Roger W. Cox, Valdis Filks and Santhosh Rao. October 21, 2015.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Tintri builds smart storage that sees, learns and adapts, enabling IT organizations to focus on virtualized applications and business services instead of managing storage infrastructure. Tintri VM-aware storage eliminates planning and complex troubleshooting by providing VM-level visibility, control, insight and agility. Tintri powers hundreds of thousands of virtual machines running business critical databases, enterprise apps, desktops and mobile apps, and private cloud deployments. Tintri helps global enterprises such as AMD, F5 Networks, GE, NEC, NTT, MillerCoors and Time Warner maximize their virtualization and cloud investments. For more information, visit www.tintri.com and follow us on Twitter: @Tintri.
+1 415 591 8459